Friday, April 6, 2012

TweetDeck bug gives access to other users' accounts

One thing that I wish I had heard from where the people who were affected by the tweet deck bugs. I wish I could have heard from the peoples whose accounts where broken into on accident because of the mistakes by the tweet deck bug. I felt as if this article bounced around because the video they showed had almost nothing to do with the discussion at hand. The video was about the founders of twitter mean while the article is about how a user warned tweet deck that they could tweet from other people’s profiles. Imagine all the people that were affected by that. If that individual didn’t warn them about the problem, there could have been more people hacking people’s accounts. Within the video they talk about how the founders left and that there was a group of people to replace them called the senior advisory group to take over the company. It made me ask myself did the founder leave because of this happening or what? Or did the founder leave because there are always problems with the site with different bugs and things going wrong with it. I remember this past year twitter stopped working because people were tweeting too much at one point. I believe it was during the time of Tim Tebow and his run as a quarter back for the Denver Broncos. When is the site going to be able to not have any bugs? I look at Facebook and see that they barley if at all have any problems, while twitter has problems a lot. I am not trying to bag on twitter because I am a user of the site and I love the site. What I am trying to say is that they need to improve the site so they can one day maybe surpass Facebook. Social media is an ever changing tool in our lives ten years ago it wasn’t even around. This is all new to us and new to the owners of these different sites and change is something that they are all about. In saying that it is not an excuse to have a bad site with bad bugs in it all the time. 





produced March 30th, 2012 

 http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/30/technology/tweetdeck-bug-twitter/index.htm

1 comment:

  1. Pat,

    I have to say I agree for the most part. However when Facebook was first created they had problems left and right, what about the viruses that take over people's accounts and post ads on their friend's walls all on their own, or how about user's accounts having to be deleted because they can't access them with the correct password anymore because of a virus? Social media is a hard field to be involved in if you ask me. Who knew it would catch on like it has? When a site such a Facebook or Twitter first start they have no idea how users will react so they just throw it out there and see how it goes. When it blows up quickly they aren't prepared for the traffic they are dealing with and that is when the mistakes happen. I understand that people have a username and password and it should be kept for them selves and not shared with others but in reality it's twitter and there are a lot more important things going on in the world right now besides hacked twitter accounts. I'm sure the makers of the site had no idea this would happen and are working to make sure it is fixed and will never happen again.

    ReplyDelete